- A large piece of paper
- Broken crayon pieces (your child will be able to grasp these better than with whole crayons)
Note: Small parts pose a choking hazard and are not appropriate for children age five or under. Be sure to choose lesson materials that you feel are safe for your child and that you are comfortable letting your child use.
- Grab a large piece of paper and some crayons in different colors.
- Write your child's name and the names of your family members (Dad, Mom, Grandma, siblings, pets, etc). Uppercase the first letter of each name and lowercase the other letters.
- I like to tape the paper to the floor, but a table or wall will work equally well.
- Ask your child to find his/her name and circle it.